Sunday, December 2, 2007

Tuesdays with Morrie -Mitch Albom

This is a very touching movie. Even though I have watched the novel 3 years ago, but every time when I read this story I learn something new. "Everyone knows they're going to die, but nobody believes it." I was very impressed with this sentence. It sounds simple, but it’s such true. Remember Steven Jobs' story? He faced death, and he saw the life that he has never seen. I think we need something or someone to alarm our self. If we live in easy life, we will be satisfied easily. As we try to avoid pain, we also push away the chance which makes us improve and grow up. I found some sentences I wasn't interested before, but couple years after those sentences have different meaning for me. I suggest my friends should read this book. The movie is so rush that it’s different to explain the life in 90 minutes. The novel has 14 chapters which include The World; Feeling Sorry for Yourself; Regrets; Death; Family,Emotions; The Tear of Aging; Money; How Love Goes On; Marriage; Our Culture; Forgiveness; The Prefect Day; Good-bye. Each chapter has a deep meaning and a short story before the chapter. Those stories are very good. I think I will buy an English version and read it again, because I read this book in Chinese before. I am sure I will find something new. This time I read this story through my own eyes but the translator's.
I found some good sentence on internet:

1. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning .(p.43)
2. The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.(p.52)
3. Everyone knows they're going to die, but nobody believes it. If we did, we would do things differently.(p.81)
4. To know you're going to die, and to be prepared for it at any time.(p.81)
5. Once you learn how to die, you learn how to live.(p.82)

No comments: