Sunday, November 25, 2007

Summary & My story

Steve Jobs followed his curiosity and intuition, and it turned out to be priceless experiences later on. He dropped out of school; it was pretty scary at the time, but Steve trust in something — guts, destiny, life, karma. When he looked back 10 years later it was one of the best decisions that he ever made. "You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards." said Jobs. Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith. Jobs are convinced that the only thing that kept he going was that he loved what he did. It freed him to enter one of the most creative periods of his life. Work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to do your work is to love what you do. You've got to find what you love. You'll know when you find it. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking until you find it. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. "If today were the last day of your life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer has been "No" for too many days, you need to change something. Remembering that you will be dead soon is the most important tool to help you make the big choices in life. Because almost everything fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right. You need to have the courage to follow your heart which already knows what you truly want to become. In the end, Jobs wish that for all of students: Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.

My story:
When I was 10 years old, I got a gift from one of my relations who was selling computer. At that time, computer was a magical box for children. I failed the high school entrance examination, because I spent a lot of time using that machine. I was unable to resist fascinating with my new toy. I went to a bad high school. This disappointed my parents’ plans. They disliked seeing me when I was playing computer. They thought that was wasting time, but they were wrong. I won prizes in the programming contest during high school, and applied a good university which I dreamed of my life. My English was so poor, that I didn’t pass the primary English course as I was freshman. I went to Vancouver in 2005, and studied at Uvic’s ESL for 2 months. I was placed in level 1. I graduated from university just as most of students in Taiwan. I found a good job, and worked hard. I realized some thing which I never think about: More than 80 percent of computer knowledge is written in English. Everything I have learned was translated by someone. If I keep doing this, I would never satisfy. I am looking for the piece of puzzle which I lost.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

During the time I watching your story I am thinking, this is the most usually way for a child become a child. But you are lucky, because you find what you really like to do and you did very well, you even won prizes in the programming contest during your high school, that is a very tough task, but you achieved it! I bring my best wishes to you that you will achieved your another goal about English learning, maybe your life is not that successful as your except, but I believed if you followed the suggest Steve gives us, your will get it!!